- 2 slices bread (preferably older for crispness)
- 1 medium tomato
- Spices (basil, salt, pepper, 'bacon' bits, horseradish, tabasco)
A few onion slivers, celery, or olives is also really good in here.
- Pop your bread into the toaster. Get them nice and crunchy, but not burned!
- While your bread gets a tan, slice your tomato into centimeter-thick rounds.
- Place a couple slices onto a foil lined baking sheet and roast them under the broiler in the oven until they start to brown and lose most of the liquid.
- When the tomatoes are browned, scrape them into a dish and mix in your spices and other topings. Add one freshly chopped tomato slice to the mix.
- Allow tapenade to cool for a while, spread onto toast, and enjoy!