- 1 can Sweet corn kernels
- 1-2 Handfuls chopped veggies (bell peppers and a mushroom add crunch and butteriness)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Red pepper flakes or hot sauce
- Open the can of corn and scoop 1/2 the kernels into the pan with a fork. Try to keep the liquid in the can for later use!
- Add chopped veggies to the pot. Be sure to stir occasionally to keep them from getting too brown. You want them to be softer and roasted slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the remaining liquid and corn from the can into a blender. Pulse until a cream forms. If you don't have a blender you can crush the corn with a fork, or find a Romulan to fistsmash them...
- Add the creamed corn to the roasted veggies in the pot. Stir in the water next. Bring the mix to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and serve! Top with hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
Tell me what you think about this recipe. What's your favorite stormy weather food?