- 1 can black beans
- 1 palm-sized potato
- 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Burger condiments & buns
- Set aside a few spoonfuls liquid from the bean can and rinse the beans.
- In a large bowl, mash up the beans with a fork until no large clumps remain.
- Use a cheese grater to shred the potato. If you don't have a cheese grater, dice the potato and microwave for 3 minutes, then mash it up. Fold potato into the mashed beans.
- Fold in salt, pepper, vinegar, and BBQ sauce to the mix. If it is too thick, add some of the bean liquid you set aside earlier.
- Cover mixture and place it in the fridge for ar least 1/2 hour.
Preheat a greased griddle to 375 degrees F. Scoop handfuls of patty mix onto the hot griddle and flatten them out, like you're making pancakes. Let them brown on each side for about 2-3 minutes, just so the outside gets gold and crispy and the inside isn't mushy.
If you're too busy for flipping patties like a true frycook, you can bake these like cookies. Place handfuls of patty mix onto a foiled baking sheet and flatten them out a bit. Hint: the thicker you make the patty, the longer it will take to cook! At 350 degrees F, bake for about 45 minutes, flip them, and bake for another 10 minutes.