- 1 Large pear, roughly chopped or sliced
- 1/2 Cup oats (old-fashioned or quick, not the instant packets)
- 1 Squirt of maple syrup (Mrs. Butterworth's still your bff)
- cinnamon & nutmeg (to taste)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small baking dish (that can easily hold 1 1/2 - 2 cups), dump sliced fresh pear, oats, spices, and swirl of maple syrup, in that sequence. Smooth out the oats to cover most of the pears on top.
- Cover dish with foil, place onto a cookie sheet, and slide it into the preheated oven for 45 minutes or a little longer. Go attempt to clean your closet or knit a scarf or snuggle your kitty while you wait.
- Remove the foil from the dish and continue cooking the pears for 15 minutes. This will give the oats their 'crisp'.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.
** Tip: If you put it in a container for lunch tomorrow, leave the lid off until morning so the oats stay crunchy.