Here's what you need:
- 1 large potato
- fillings (olives, tomatoes, jalapenos, onions,vegan cheese, spinach, etc.)
- toppings (hummus, vegan sour cream, chives, vegan cheese, 'bacon' bits, salsa, vegan butter, etc.)
- Wash the outside of your potato with warm water to get all the dirt off. Poke it with a knife a few times for ventilation (unless you want to clean up the exploded remains in your oven) and place it in the oven for an hour, flipping it over after the first 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the hot potato and leave it on the foil. With a clean knife, cut an X across the front. Gently push on both ends to open it up.
- Use a spoon to scrape out most of the inside into a separate bowl. Leave some potato on the skin or it will collapse on you! Fold in your fillings to the bowl until you get a mashed consistency
- Scoop the potato filling mixture back into the skin. Wrap the whole thing (without foil) in plastic wrap before placing into your lunchbox... otherwise continue to the next step.
- Dress the baked potato with some toppings. That's it!
I had this on Friday with some (burned- oops) corn chips made by slicing my corn tortillas and baking them at 350 degrees F until they were crispy.